Sunday, January 03, 2010

700 miles and back again

Lessons from Chicago to Rochester

The way there is always easier.
A big girl booster means I have helper--well, half a helper.
My kids can really "hold it."
Wiper blades can be found at the gas station, but not necessarily the right size.
Ohio is a wasteland for rest areas, except for exit 100. It's like some kind of rest area Taj Mahal.
Cleveland wakes my children up.
Spending $10 on toys or coloring stuff that is new is worth it for the car ride.
There is going to be snow when you drive in December and January.
My husband and I always miss our exit if we talk.
M&Ms trailmix in the dark is like a treat, a snack and a game.
Sometimes the under 3 toy in a kids meal is cooler.
And as my 10 year old nephew says, "that last half hour is really hard."

2 comments:

Karen said...

ditto on the wiper blades. my rear one fell to bits.

Just Me said...

Oh my... That is hysterical!